Crucified Kosovo: Destroyed And Desecrated Serbian Orthodox Churches In Kosovo And Metohia kosovo.net: The Truth Has No Owner
Destroyed And Desecrated Serbian Orthodox Churches In Kosovo And Metohia (1999-2000)
Kosovo

34. ST NICHOLAS' CHURCH, in the village of Kijevo near Klina

The Church of St Nicholas, once stood in the village of Kijevo in Prekoruplje, 15 km south-east of Klina. The single-nave building, with a semi-round vault and semi-circle apse, was built in 14th century. The added spacious narthex was painted in 1602. Among the valuables of the church were three 17th century censers, nine icons from the second half of the 16th century among which was the icon of the Holy Apostle Thomas The church had an extremely valuable collection of hand written books. The belfry was added in the 19th century. Now it is completely razed to the ground.

it

Albanian extremists mined the building in July 1999, after the arrival of the Italian KFOR troops. The building collapsed entirely. Crosses and tombstones at the cemetery were also destroyed.