Crucified Kosovo: Destroyed And Desecrated Serbian Orthodox Churches In Kosovo And Metohia kosovo.net: The Truth Has No Owner
Destroyed And Desecrated Serbian Orthodox Churches In Kosovo And Metohia (1999-2000)
Kosovo

18. ST PARASCEVA'S CHURCH, in Drsnik near Pec

The Church of St Parasceva, in Drsnik near Pec, was at one time devoted to St Nicholas. It was a single-nave building, of rectangular foundation, with a semi-cylindrical vault. There was a semi-round apse facing east. The church had a gable roof covered in stone slates. The wall consisted of irregular layers of stone and plaster. The old frescoes were considerably damaged. The church was restored during the 1570's. Preserved was an icon from that period, remarkable for its fine drawing and strong colours. The technique was good and in spite of constant rain and snow, the frescoes were well preserved. Two marble crosses were elaborately shaped and placed on the eastern and western roof vertices respectively.

The church of St Parasceva in Drsnik
The icon of St Nicholas (eight decade of the 16thc)
The fresco of St Basil
The fresco of St Cyril
it

After the Italian KFOR forces into the area the church was vandalized, set on fire and seriously damaged by Albanian extremists using explosives, in June 1999.