Crucified Kosovo: Destroyed And Desecrated Serbian Orthodox Churches In Kosovo And Metohia kosovo.net: The Truth Has No Owner
Destroyed And Desecrated Serbian Orthodox Churches In Kosovo And Metohia (1999-2000)
Kosovo

3. ST MARK'S OF KORISA MONASTERY, in Korisa near Prizren

The medieval monastery of St Mark of Korisa used to stand on a rocky outpost above the Korisa river, 3 km south-east of the village of Korisa. The church was built in 1467 with a single-nave, a rectangular foundation and a preserved fragment of the original, ancient fresco. On the western side, above the rock, a belfry with two bells was added in 1861 as a foundation of Sima Andrejevic Igumanov. In April 1941, Albanians of Kabas forcibly tore out the bells and repeatedly desecrated and vandalized the founder's grave. The monastery had a valuable library.

The monastery before destruction
Desecrated grave stones (19th century)
The monastery after destruction
de

After the arrival of the German KFOR troops, the monastery was looted, burned, and completely destroyed by explosive. This was done by Albanian extremists.