Crucified Kosovo: Destroyed And Desecrated Serbian Orthodox Churches In Kosovo And Metohia kosovo.net: The Truth Has No Owner
Destroyed And Desecrated Serbian Orthodox Churches In Kosovo And Metohia (1999-2000)
Kosovo

1. THE HOLY TRINITY MONASTERY, Musutiste, near Suva Reka

The Monastery of the Holy Trinity was built in the 14th century on the Rusinica hill above Musutiste, 2 km to the south. In the valuable collection of manuscripts from 14 th to 18 th century there were a Book of Commemoration from 1465 and a hand-written Gospel from the 14 th century. The monastery also had a collection of icons from the 19th century -- 1868-1985.


The Holy Trinity Monastery before destruction

Bishop Atanasije and Fr. Kingsley Joyce (British KFOR) visited the monastery 7 days before it was completely destroyed by Albanians

A nun in front of the destroyed church

The residental quarters for nuns

The view of the destroyed church and the burned residental quarters

Desecrated monastic cemetery
de

In the second half of June 1999, after the German KFOR troops deployed in the area, Albanian extremists vandalized this holy place and plundered the valuables. Between 10th and 17th July they dynamited the monastery church so that it is now completely destroyed. The monastery konak (residential quarters) was previously burned to the ground. The valuable library, and its icons, disappeared in the flames and wreckage. The church was obviously destroyed by explosive used by experts with military training.